Ayurveda has always been known to reach the root causes of a problem and healing a person’s core functionalities to ensure that the problem is unrooted for good. Ayurvedic treatments for infertility have also be recognized and more effective than allopathic medicines in some studies. However, to understand how ancient Ayurveda treats infertility, we must first understand its causes from the Ayurvedic perspective.
Causes Of infertility As Per Ayurvedic Sciences: According to the ayurvedic science of biology, there are three fundamental energies or ‘doshas’ which govern our bodies’ physiological and mental functionalities:
- Vata Dosha: composed of space and air elements, it governs the reproductive system of our body
- Pitta Dosha: composed of fire and water elements, it governs the digestive system of our body
- Kapha Dosha: composed of earth and water elements; it governs the physical form, structure, and smooth functioning of our body.
Every individual’s body is dominated by one of the doshas and balanced with the other two doshas to enable the healthy functioning of the body. Any imbalance caused in the composition of these doshas primarily leads to physical and immunological disorders like infertility. Ayurveda has also recognized various factors and habits as the cause of infertility, such as:
- Sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle
- Regularly eating unhealthy, spicy, oily, junk food, etc.
- Excess heat in the body
- Performing excessive sexual activities
- Severe stress, anxiety, fear, or trauma
- Genetically inherited factors
Ayurvedic Approach To Treating Female Infertility:
Ayurvedic treatments use herbs, dietary, and lifestyle changes to tackle all these causes to not only cure infertility but to boost the overall health of the body for healthier parenthood. Eating more foods like pumpkin, spinach, tomatoes, black cumin, beetroot, beans, dates, broccoli, asparagus, etc. and avoiding hot and spicy foods as much as possible can significantly help in boosting fertility. The following are some of the popular herbs that are highly effective in curing infertility in females:
- Ashoka (Saraca Asoka):
a herb with therapeutic benefits for curing female infertility.
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa):
it helps restore the estrogen to progesterone ratio while elevating the levels of luteinizing hormone or LH and follicular stimulating hormone or FSH in the female body.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus):
it strengthens the uterus to boost fertility activities.
- Ayurvedic Approach To Treating Male Infertility:
Male infertility is also treated with similar methods by suggesting dietary changes such as eating healthy foods and spices like turmeric, cumin, asparagus, dates, almonds, etc. and performing specific yoga exercises daily. The common herbs used for curing male infertility include:
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens):
it improves libido and enhances the quality and quantity of sperms.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera):
it also works towards boosting the libido and enhancing semen quality.
- Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris):
it helps in elevating the testosterone level in the male body.
These treatments are a generalized overview of the effective treatments that Ayurveda offers to treat infertility effectively, but personalized treatment courses can only be prescribed by a professional Ayurvedic doctor. If you’re looking for the best Ayurvedic doctors in Pune to treat your infertility issues, come down to our Kerala Ayurveda Clinic to meet our experts. You can also visit the Kerala Ayurveda website to learn more about our gaming-changing and highly personalized infertility treatment in Pune.